These are some papier mache Santas that I've made using a file folder, newspaper strips, DIF wallpaper paste, and Celluclay.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
I started with a cone shape out of the file folder (making it the height I wanted the body). Next I added another piece to create the shoulders and main shape of the body.
Several coats of newspaper to give it the general shape I want....
Rolled up newspaper tubes for the arms stuck onto the sides with wallpaper paste, then draped newspaper strips over the shoulders for a cape. The head was a balled up piece of newspaper stuck on with more paste, then strips over it for the shape of the beard.
I made the gloves, hair, beard, facial features, hat and robe trim out of the celluclay.
Once I got everything how I wanted I covered it with gesso.
I painted the whole Santa and then made a toy bear out of celluclay and printed a "nice" list for his hands.
For the red Santa I started with two tubes for the legs. Pipe cleaners for the placement of the arms, and a whittled down and stained chop stick for the walking stick.
Painted and mounted on a piece of wood.
And here's another one I did with a tam.
Participated in the
Holiday Gifts Challenge