Throughout this Instructable I will show you how to wrap a mason jar mug with paracord. They're great for when you are out camping or traveling.
Check out my Personal Website where I offer tutorials, paracord, paracord gear and more.
Step 1: What You'll Need
Step 2: Wrapping the Mug
1. Tie a knot on the top part of the mug handle. Leave about 3 feet of cord above the knot for use later.
2. Working with the cord under the knot, bring it straight down to the bottom part of the mug handle and hold it in place with your thumb.
3. Continue wrapping the mug making sure to keep it nice and tight as you go.
4. Wrap the mug all the way up until just under the top of the mug handle. Make sure to keep it as tight as possible all the way.
1. Untie the knot on the mug handle
2. Make sure each of your remaining "working ends" of paracord are on their own side of the handle like shown in part 2 of the diagram.
Step 4: Braiding Handle
1. Take the cord to the left of the handle and thread it under the handle over to the right side creating a loop on the left like shown in part 1 of the diagram.
2. Take your right cord and thread it under the cord you just brought over from the left, continue to thread it over the handle and through the loop you created in part 1 of the diagram.
Tighten your knot you've just made around the handle. Now you are going to REVERSE.
3. Take your new right cord and thread it under the handle over to the left.
4. Take the left cord and thread it under the cord you've just brought over from the right, then over the handle and through the loop you created in part 3 of the diagram.
1. Now you are going to repeat the previous step (step 3) until you've reached the bottom of the handle.
Note: You can tug up on the braids to tighten them as you go. This will allow more paracord to fit on your mug.
2. Cut off the remaining paracord as close as you can to the braids without letting it slip through.
3. Take your lighter and light the exposed end until it's nice and molten hot. Carefully press the end with your thumb and smoothen it out and lock it in place.
4. And you're done! Enjoy.