Made this candy necklace for a friend's bachelorette party.
She's prude-ish, so she wont wear anything neck-tight and let guys bite it off her. So I made the necklace out of marshmallow that would be easily pulled off and very loose on the string.
This necklace would be suitable also for kids party or any kind of party for any age.
It's cute, sweet and fun!
Step 1: Things You'll Need
Things you'll need:
1. Marshmallow or any other kinds of soft candies
4. Needle, big or medium size
Step 2: Cut the Yarn
Cut the yarn/string to the length of the desired necklace.
I made mine around 50-60cm
1. Cut 3-5 yarn to give thickness and to make it strong.
2. Tie them together at the end
3. Cut 12 small piece of yarn, around 20 cm in length to tie the candies to. The amount of these small yarns/strings depends on how many candies you want to hang on the necklace.
Step 3: Tie the Yarn
1. Tie the small yarns/strings to the long yarn (see pic). Make sure this small yarn are split into 2 ends, one end to pin candy and the other end to secure the candy in place.
2. Give space between one small yarn/strings to another
Step 4: Here Comes the Candies
1. Put the needle through one end of the small yarn and pin the candy one by one
Its up to you how many candy you want to hang on one small yarn/string. I made 1-3 candies for different strings.
2. Use the other end of the small yarn/string to secure the candies in place. Tie a knot at the end of each candy, before you pin another candy. This is to make sure the soft candy wont easily fall.
3. Tie a knot at the end and cut of the remaining of the small yarn/string.
Step 5: Repeat
Repeat step 3 & 4so you will have a number of candies hanging on the necklace.
1. Tie small yarn to the long yarn.
2. Pin candy to one end of the small yarn using needle
3. Tie a knot on the end of a candy before you pin another candy to a small yarn
4. Secure the end of small yarn with a knot then cut off the remaining of yarn
Step 6: Taadaa - End Result
Whimsical candy necklace for any kinds of party.