This rich, creamy carrot pasta with goat cheese and pecans brings out the flavors of autumn. The roasted carrot cream sauce is reminiscent of butternut squash. The goat cheese balances out the intense creamy flavors with a delicate tang, and the candied pecans compliment the sweetness of the roasted carrots.
Pasta with Carrots, Goat Cheese, and Pecans
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup water
1 bouillon cube
1/3 cup of cream
2 cups shaped pasta, dry
1/4 cup candied pecans
1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
1. Roast the carrots in a pot on the stove with the tablespoon of butter.
2. Simmer the roasted carrots in the cup of water with the bouillon cube. Cool.
3. Blend the simmered carrots in the blender with the third cup of cream.
4. Cook the pasta in a pot until al dente. Drain. Toss with the roasted carrot cream sauce.
5. Serve the pasta onto four plates.
6. Garnish each plate with a tablespoon of candied pecans and goat cheese crumbles.