Pasta with Chard, Lemon, Goat Cheese, and Walnuts
2 cups dry pasta
1 bunch swiss chard
1 bunch Italian parsley
1 bunch tarragon
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 shallot, minced
1 tablespoon capers
1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
5 walnuts, crumbled
1. Boil the pasta to al dente.
2. Finely chop the swiss chard into ribbons (chiffonade). Add to a large bowl. Finely chop the parsley and tarragon. Add to the bowl.
3. Juice and zest the lemon. Add the olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
4. MInce the shallot. Add to the bowl. Toss the chard salad.
5. Add the drained, hot pasta to the chard salad. Toss until blended.
6. Top the pasta with capers, crumbled goat cheese, and walnuts.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.