Here is a new possibly-addictive peach recipe from c4cooking - PEACH SHELLS .. caramelised peaches on crispy creamy pastry-shells topped with peach glazzze.. mmm YUM ... Just make them and enjoy :)
Ingredients: ( For peach shells makes 12 )
Puff pastry sheets – ( You will need 12 square sheets of ( 3 * 3 inch size)
1/4 cup – butter melted ( to brush the puff pastry sheets & muffin tray )
For caramelised peach:
3 golden peaches chopped into big pieces ( around 2.5 cups) with skin
1/4 cup – sugar
1 tbsp – water
cardamom powder – a pinch ( for cinnamon flavour, add a pinch of cinnamon powder)
For the cream cheese filling:
8 oz / 250 gms – Cream cheese – softened ( microwave on low for 40 sec)
1/4 tsp – vanilla bean paste (or 3/4 tsp of vanilla essence)
3 tbsp – sugar
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Caramelise the Peach
- Chop the peaches into a dollar size and add into a sauce pan.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar, pinch of cardamom (or cinnamon) and a tbsp of water..
- Heat on medium-high heat…stir every 20 seconds…and bring it a boil.
- When it starts boiling, turn the heat to medium and mix. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir every 40 seconds ..turn off (and remove the pan from heat).
Step 2: Preheat the Oven
Step 2) Preheat the Oven to 200C / 400 F
Step 3: Grease the Muffin Pan
Step 3) Grease the muffin pan with butter
Step 4: Make the Cream Cheese Filling
Step 4) Make the cream cheese filling:
- Into a bowl, add the softened cream cheese, 1/4 tsp vanilla paste, 3 tbsp of sugar and stir well with a spoon for 20 – 30 seconds.
Step 5: Cut the Puff Pastry Sheets
Step 5) Cut the puff pastry sheets into 3*3 squares (need 12 small sheets of this size)
Step 6: Make Pastry Shells
Step 6) To make shells out of these pastry sheets:
- take one sheet. Starting from one-side, join the middle-of-one-side like a pleat, press and seal-it (please see the video)..
- do this for all 4 sides (pleat and seal the middle part) – it will look like a cup / shell.
- place it inside the greased muffin-hole.
Step 7: Repeat Step6
Step 7) Repeat step6 for the remaining 11 puff pastry sheets and place inside the muffin holes..
Step 8: Brush the Pastry Shells With Butter
Step 8) Brush the puff pastry shells in muffin holes with some melted butter..
Step 9: Spoon Cream Cheese Into Pastry Shells
Step 9) Spoon a tbsp of cream cheese in the centre of each puff pastry shells and slightly spread it to look like a sealed cup.
note: fill 3/4th of the pastry shells only as the cheese will rise while baking..
Step 10: Top With Peaches
Step 10) Now place 1 – 2 pieces of peach in the centre of each puff pastry shells..
note: (distribute the peaches evenly among all the shells)
Step 11: Save the Peach Syrup
Step 11) Save the syrup from the caramelised peaches to pour after baking.
Step 12: Bake
Step 12) Bake them at 200 C / 400 F for 10 – 11 minutes … or until the four points/edges of the puff pastry shells turn light brown and the cheese looks slightly puffed..
note: first, the 4 points will brown, then the cheese will start puffing (this will happen around 8 – 10 minutes.. keep an eye !
Step 13: Once Done, Take Out
Step 13) Once the edges are brown and the cheese looks puffed, takeout and place on a wire rack for 3 minutes…
Step 14: Pour the Syrup
Step 14) After 3 minutes, takeout the puff shells and place them on a wire rack and pour 1/3 tsp of syrup (saved in step 11) over all puffs and wait for 4 minutes ;)..