So you ask yourself how can this delicious looking morsel be healthy?
Pears are a good source of fiber, vitamins and minerals. Pure Maple Syrup contains natural antioxidants which are good for your immune system. Coconut Oil is gaining popularity as a heart healthy food. Take a minute to google coconut oil. There are many healthy benefits of eating as well as using it on your skin.
Step 1: Gather All Your Ingredients and Let's Get Started!
This recipe is adorned with some of my favorite ingredients: it has proved to be decadent as well as healthy. As with many of my muffin recipes, it’s egg free.
Step 2: Let's Make These Pear and Coconut Muffins With Chocolate Icing! Yum :)
Makes 12 medium muffins
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 medium ripe pears (makes about 1 1/2 cups)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut milk beverage
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pecan butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1-3 ounce package dark chocolate broken into pieces
- Handful of fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To a large bowl add pastry flour and baking powder. Mix to combine.
- Peel, remove core and chop the pears, place in a food processor. Pulse until pears are liquid.
- Pour into bowl with pastry flour along with maple syrup and coconut milk beverage.
- Heat coconut oil and pecan butter for approximately 15 seconds in microwave. Just enough to make it liquid. Pour into the bowl with pastry flour and stir until combined.
- Spray muffin tin lightly with oil.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups and bake 20-25 minutes.
- When muffins are done, place chocolate in microwave safe dish and melt in 15 second intervals, checking and stirring each time until melted.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over muffins and serve. Top with blueberries.
Participated in the