This super easy recipe is one of my favourite ones. It's simple but very impressive. It's a sugar free dessert recipe so diabetics can eat it with no problem and in addition it has a low caloric content.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 3 Pears
- 5 Brick pastry sheets
- 20g Butter
- 60g Sultanas
Step 2: Preparing the Filling
- Peel the pears, cut them into pieces and put them in a pan with no water in it. We'll cook the pears in its own juice.
- Add the raisins and a pinch of salt.
- Cook them at low temperature untilthe raisins were rehydrated and soft (15-20 minutes).
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool.
Step 3: Making the Bags
- In order to make a thicker bottom so the bag wouldn't break, cut a pastry sheet into 6 portions and add a second layer of pastry on the center before you put the mixture on it (4-5 tablespoons).
- Close them as if they were bags and tie each of them with a piece of thead (20cm / 8" long).
- Place the bags on a baking tray covered with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake them for 8 minutes at 190ºC (370F)
Step 4: Presentation
- I decided to melt some dark chocolate (70%) and make a few forms, adding a raising on top.
- I also dusted icing sugar on the bag to add a "winter snow effect"
- You could also put a mint leaf and berries.
Third Prize in the
Sweet Tooth Contest