Introduction: Peppered Sliders
These zingy sliders, full of all kinds of peppers, will be a hit!
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
8 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, baked according to package instructions
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
2 green peppers
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
4 tomatillos, remove husks and chop
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1/2 white onion, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
zested peel and juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Step 2: Instructions
1. Bake rolls and set aside.
2. Broil green peppers in the oven until slightly black and remove skin.
3. Chop skinned peppers into small pieces.
4. Combine green peppers, cumin and salt and pepper with ground beef.
5. Make 8 rounded, 3-inch patties out of the ground beef mixture.
6. Combine tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, lime peel and juice and honey in a blender until smooth.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Fry the patties in a skillet and top with cheese the last minute of cooking to melt it.
9. Assemble the sliders using as much of the green sauce as desired on top or under the meat.