Introduction: Perfect Over Desk
Hello everyone, in this project i will show you how to transfer or recycle cartoon and paper in a useful way. I have been a long time planning for an overdesk to help me in studying and creating until i found the perfect design which is as i will show you here in my instructable step by step. This overdesk contains spot light (lamps) , fan, speakers and a secret boxes for hiding top secret objects for you.
NOTE: THIS PROJECT IS TOTALLY MADE OUT OF CARTOON EXCEPT THE ELECTRIC CIRCUIT.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch the Video
Here I present the final look of my project.
Step 2: You Will Need Cartoon
Simple cartoon papers and an right angled one.
Step 3: Materials and Tools Needed
- glue gun
- marker and a pencil
- white glue
Step 4: Materials Needed
- 6V battery
Step 5: Forming the Proper Design
- THE UPPER PART: 30cm on the straight part and 15cm on the inclined part and 15cm on the rear side with width=40cm.
- THE LOWER PART: L=75cm W=40cm (length and width)
Step 6: Cut the Box Paper
Cut it as A4 size
Step 7: Gathering the Box Paper
- Size: L=30cm W=22cm
- cut two rectangles with L=30cm W=3cm and another one but with L=15cm
- add at each terminal an 1cm square
- paint it with a spray
Step 8: Forming the LOWER PART
cut the lower part as what you need to put in your overdesk, lamps, speakers......
and paint it
Step 9: Setup the Lamps
fit the lamps in a way that can be convenient with your desk (distribute the spot lights).
Step 10: Forming the TOP SECRET BOX
- cut the a rectangle with length L=40cm and width W=8cm
- cut another rectangle with L=40cm and W=16cm
- cut a square with a=8cm
Step 11: Gathering the Top Secret Box
Gather the parts of the box using a glue gun.
Step 12: Create the Word
- Form using an paper scotch the word that you need to spray it.
- be careful to insulate the letters well.
- paint it.
Step 13: Take Off the Tape.
- After painting the box try to get off the tapes that form the word "Top Secret".
Step 14: Painting!!!
- using a spray paint the whole project.
- try to make some decorative waves or any drawing to not make it classic or regular.
Step 15: Adding the Right Angle
Using a glue gun and scotch tape stick the right angled cartoon to the upper part to give it strength.
Step 16: READY TO SETUP THE WHOLE PROJECT
Step 17: Drilling
Drill two holes to fix the overdesk using screws.
Step 18: Fixing the Upper Part
- balance the upper part to be straight
- setup the upper part using a screw driver and a screw.
Step 19: Forming the Control Panel
- use a small box for the control panel (here I used my smart watch box)
- cut the small box according to the number of switches you may put.
Step 20: Set the Switches and Painting
- put each switch in it convenient place
- paint the box using a spray
Step 21: WIRING the Circuit !!
- In wiring you will use the lamps, wires, switches,soldering....
- each component in this circuit is connected in parallel
- all of the circuit is connected to a 6V battery.
Step 22: Wiring the Control Panel
- connect each switch to its convenient lamp
- first there is two switches for the two lamps
- and another one for the fan
- additionally to the wire AMF for speakers
- all of that is connected directly to the overdesk using an electric tube
Step 23: Set the Components of the Project
- place the lamps closely to each other and glue them up
- place the fan and the speakers, then glue them
- here the speakers are connected separately to the control panel
- connect the negative wire of the two lamps and the fan together and connect it to the battery
- extend the positive wires from the lamps and the fan separately to the control panel.
NOTE: THE LAMPS AND THE FAN ARE CONNECTED IN PARALLEL
Step 24: Place the EMERGENCY + LAMP
- pick a bright color like blue or red for the emergency lamp
- place beside the other lamps and glue it up.
ROLE OF THE EMERGENCY LAMP: In the case of battery low or the loss of electricity,then there is an alternative lamp that you can use it in this cases.
Step 25: Set Up the LOWER PART
- after wiring the circuit you are ready to setup the lower part
- using a glue gun and scotch tape stick up the lower part complementary to the upper one on the wall.
Step 26: Fix the Wires
- Fix the wires connected in the overdesk from the electric components to the control panel.
- fix them to the lower part.
Step 27: Gathering the Wires
- Gather all the wires in an electric tube by putting them in it.
- by putting them in the electric tube it will decorate the view of wires.
Step 28: Add the Both Parts
- after wiring add the lower part to the upper one by gluing them together.
- to be easier for you, use a tape to keep it fixed and then glue them together.
Step 29: Strength the Setup
- add some wooden sticks between the upper part and the lower one.
- this prevent the deformation of the setup.
Step 30: Decorating
decorate using a nice ribbon to hide the glued part.
Step 31: Test the Circuit
- test the lamps, speakers and the fan.
- be careful to check them up before finishing it completely.
Step 32: Place the Lock
- using wooden sticks cut two pairs of 2cm per peace.
- add them to the box paper at the center of each side in a right angled form.
Step 33: Another Part of the Lock
- glue the form shown in the picture to the stick.
- be sure to make it convenient to the stick from the box paper.(the switch)
Step 34: Setup the Box Paper in the Form
Step 35: Fix a Cap to the Terminal of the Stick
- add a cubic cartoon cap to the stick of the lock.
- it give it a decorative view.
Step 36: Add the Side Parts
- glue the both of the part sides of the overdesk to the other parts.
- cut a small place in these parts for the lock after connect it to the lock inside it.
Step 37: Add the BOX PAPER
add the box paper to the whole system.
Step 38: Before.....
before get up the hidden boxes or the secret boxes.
Step 39: AFTER.....
after showing the secret boxes.
these two steps will be explained in the video.
Step 40: Put the Instructable Patch