Intro: Persepolis - 3D Frame
Persepolis is an acclaimed graphic novels, that tell the personal story of Marjane Satrapi.
As a comic book, it illustrates a young girl in Iran during the Islamic Revolution.
The story follows a precocious and outspoken nine-year-old through young adulthood,
and illustrates the challenges faced by a modern young woman trying to forge
an identity while having to conform within a tyrannical society.
This novels in black-and-white have been a worldwide success with its abstract drawings.
Persepolis has dreamlike moments.
Marji, so called, loves Bruce Lee, and punk music.
Persepolis is also an animation movie! If you have still not seen it , you have to see it now.
I choose one strip to make this 3D frame.
I used cold porcelain to make Marji.
Check it out , I hope you like it.
Step 1: Ingredients and How to Make Cold Porcelain:
- 250g cornstarch;
- 500 ml PVA glue
- 01 tablespoon lemon juice or apple vinegar
- 02 tablespoons cooking oil
- Some silicone-free moisturizer
- a nonstick saucepan
- wooden spoon
- In a saucepan, place all ingredients, stir it well with a wooden spoon.
Bring to low heat, and keep stirring till it thickens.
- Place the clay where you can knead it.
With moisturizer on hands, start to knead the clay.
It is ready when it sticks no more.
- Wrap the clay with plastic and leave it rest for 24 hours.
Step 2: Preparing the Frame
- Latex paint
- sand and paint the frame
Step 3: Making Marji
- modeling the clay make the figure and paint it.
Step 4: Frame's Background Panting :
- With a felt-tip pen draw on the background, and paint.
Step 5: Finish:
- Place Marji inside .
PUNK IS NOT "DED" !