In this instructable we are going to make a king cobra paracord dog collar. It has two layers the gray "core" layer and the blue outer layer.
Step 1: Materials
For your materials you're going to need 4 essential items and 2 optional items.
1. Blue 550 paracord- I brought 50 feet for extra.
2. Gray 550 paracord-I brought 50 for extra also.
3. D-Ring-Used for connecting the leash to collar.
4. Clip-I brought a 1 1/2 to be safe which was adjustable but you don't need an adjustable clip though.
2. Matchs/candle, or lighter.
Step 2: Measure Dog's Neck
For this step you want to get your dog and measure the circumference of their neck. For every inch of the circumference your going to need around 1 foot of paracord for the core and 1 1/2 feet per inch for the outer layer. My dog's neck is 13 inches so I'm going to be using 13 feet for the core and 19 1/2 feet for the outer layer.
Step 3: Attach to Clip
Start by taking the core color paracord and half it. Once halfed put the ends through the clip. Pull around half of it through and them take the looped end and thread the separate end into the looped end. Do this twice to get the hitch I had on the second picture. After you have one end of the clip connect to the paracord take the side of clip and thread it to the other side. The separate ends of paracord should be on the back of the clip and behind the paracord connected to the other side of the clip. This is the step where you need to measure the length of the paracord between the clips(This will be the length of your collar).
Step 4: Weave Paracord
This is the hardest step so pay attention.
1. Take the paracord behind the paracord between the clips and move it so the two stands are one either side of the "core" stands.
2. Take left stand of paracord and feed it under the core stands to form a loop.
3. The right stand of paracord goes under the left strand now.
4. After that feed the right stand of paracord over the core strands and back under the left strand
5. Pull tight to finish of the loop.
6.Repeat until at the end of the core strands.
7. Once at core strands burn paracord to hold it in place.
Step 5: Outer Layer of Collar.
Now that you had finished the "core" part of this collar you are going to want to make it beefier and thicker. Attach the second color of paracord(my case blue) to one side of the collar. Start to weave the SAME knot as before just using the already tried paracord to be the core this time.
STEPS TO TIE KNOT
1. Take left stand of paracord and feed it under the core stands to form a loop.
2. The right stand of paracord goes under the left strand now.
3. After that feed the right stand of paracord over the core strands and back under the left strand
4. Pull tight to finish of the loop.
5. Repeat this 4 or 5 times or until you want to attach the D-ring.
Step 6: Attaching the D-Ring
Now that you have gotten the weave down you want to attach your D-ring to the collar. Hold the D-ring in place while you put the right strand of blue outer paracord through the flat bottom part. Continue this until the bottom of the D-Ring is full. After you finish the D-ring keep weaving the paracord until you hit the bottom of the collar.
Step 7: Congratulations!!
You finished your paracord dog collar. Now your dog can run, swim, and play in style with their own custom collar.