Pet Toy Beeper

1,049

10

3

Intro: Pet Toy Beeper

My dog and I like to play catch/retrieve with a ball in the yard. He is a young pup and gets distracted easily. If he doesnt see where the ball goes or it rolls underneath something, he can have a difficult time finding it. We dont get to play much in the winter cause the darkness makes finding the ball even more of a challenge. With snow on the ground now we have trouble even in the daylight. My dog responds well to sounds so i decided to add a beeper to one of his favorite toys.

Thanks for looking,

Step 1: Circuit Design

I started by searching for instructables and found the Miniature Beeper Prank (https://www.instructables.com/id/Miniature-Beeping-... )

It had a small number of parts that could fit in a small space with a small battery requirement. I built the circuit and experimented with other values for the resistors and capacitor until I found a beep frequency that I liked. I also added an LED to flash when the beeper beeped so I could see as well as hear it working.

Step 2: Tools and Supplies

I used basic electronics supplies like a breadboard, jumper wires, soldering iron, etc. Also, I started with the parts that were listed in the Miniature Beeper Prank (https://www.instructables.com/id/Miniature-Beeping-Circuit-Prank/) .

Step 3: Soldering the Device

With a little planning I was able to arrange the parts to fit in a small package.

Step 4: Putting It Together

The pill tube fits tight in the ball. I had to remove some material from the inside of the ball to get it to fit all the way. So far so good though as my dog hasnt swallowed the electronics yet!

Share

    Recommendations

    • Audio Contest 2018

      Audio Contest 2018
    • Optics Contest

      Optics Contest
    • Electronics Tips & Tricks Challenge

      Electronics Tips & Tricks Challenge

    3 Discussions

    0
    None
    NeilRG

    9 months ago

    Any project that benefits a pet is really nice to see, especially dogs!!

    0
    None
    JoeBear21

    1 year ago

    This is a really cool idea--just please be aware of the potential danger if the button cell batteries are accidentally ingested. They won't typically just get "passed" and serious damage to soft tissue can occur in as little as two hours.

    http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/batteries/

    0
    None
    Eli9232

    1 year ago

    Nice! That is an idea that sounds kinda lame on paper, (No offence) But is GREAT in reality!