Intro: Coconut Cheesecake
I love everything coconut. I created this recipe for myself because I can't find coconut cheesecake anywhere in the market.
Step 1: Coconut Cheesecake
This is lovely and delicious cheesecake! This recipe is for 6" or 7" round spring form pan.
1-1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or coconut cookies (macaroon)
3 tb. melted butter
3 tb. sugar
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tb. cornstarch
1-1/4 cup coconut cream pudding (I used Jello (3.4 oz.) Cook &Serve Coconut Cream Pudding mix, prepared according to box directions.)
1 tb. melted butter
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 ts. coconut extract
1-1/2 cup coconut milk (canned coconut milk for cooking, or unsweetened coconut cream)
4 tb. sugar
1 envelope plain gelatin
Pinch of salt
1/2 ts. vanilla extract
1 cup toasted coconut flakes
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter in a bowl, then press into a 7" spring form pan lined with parchment paper on the bottom and on the side.
2. Bake 350 deg. F for 10 minutes or until just set. Let cool completely. Then wrap the bottom of the pan with foil and place it in a larger shallow pan.
3. Make filling by beating cream cheese and sugar in a mixer bowl until creamy, then add egg and coconut extract, mix well.
4. Add cornstarch, coconut cream pudding, mix well and then add sour cream, mix just until combined. Do not over beat. Scape the bowl a few times as needed.
5. Pour the batter into the crust and bake 325 deg. F with water bath method (with hot water around the outside pan.) for 1 hour. Then turn off the oven and leave the cake continue to bake in the oven another 1 hour with the oven door slightly ajar.
6. Meanwhile make coconut sauce topping by mixing coconut milk, sugar, salt and gelatin in a sauce pan, stir well. Then cook on medium heat until just come to a boil, stir constantly to avoid lumps. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Let cool to room temperature but not set.
7. Pour the cool coconut sauce over the cheesecake and place it in the fridge to set about 1 hour or until the sauce is set and cling to the cheesecake. (The coconut sauce will seep down around the side of the cheesecake.) Then add toasted coconut flakes. Press down lightly so that the coconut flakes stick to the topping.
8. Cover the cheesecake and refrigerate overnight. Remove the spring form pan, cut and serve. Enjoy!
Note: 1 tb. toasted sesame seed may be added to the toasted coconut flakes for topping.