The robot is going to sort 2 different types of boxes (yellow and red). The delivery point is going to have two lines, a yellow and a red one. Here the boxes have to be dropped and also they have to match the colour of the box with the colour of the line.
In order to solve this problem, the group is going to use a Pixy camera, CMUcam5, and a PhantomX Pincher Robot Arm. The robot arm is going to take the coloured box and place it in the front of the camera. The Pixy camera is going to see what color the box have and send the information to the Arduino board. When the information is send, the robot arm will move that box on the matching color line.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Part List || Things You'll Need
Step 2: Assemble Guide
Figure 1 shows our ArbotiX board.
- In the black circle you can see the D0 input to the arbotiX board. This is where the pushbutton sends signals.
- The orange circle shows where the cable goes to communicate with the Pixy CMUcam5.
- The blue circle demonstrates where we connect our usb connection, so it's possible to program the board.
- In the green circle it's shown where the first servo is connected. The next servo is connected through the first one.
Figure 2 shows our Pixy CMUcam5 board.
- The blue circle shows the usb connection.
- The yellow shows the communication link to the ArbotiX board.