-Phirni is delicious rice based creamy dessert made with milk and rice.Adding almond paste gives a creamier texture and cinnamom powder gives nice flavour to chilled dessert.
- 10 almonds blanched
- 1/4 cup basmati rice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup+ two and half cups milk
- Tsp cinnamom powder
- Almonds and raisins
Step 1: Blanch Almonds
-First step is to blanch almonds.Boil some water and pour boiled water on almonds and let almonds soak in hot water for about 10 minutes.In this way we can easily peel the skin of almonds
-After 10 minutes strain the water using colander and peel the skin of almonds.
( I used 10 almonds)
Step 2: Make Almond Paste
- After peeling almonds skin,Transfer almonds to blender and blend by adding little water to paste
Step 3: Soak Rice
- Take about 1/4 cup basmati rice and rinse under running water. Soak rice in water for about half an hour.
Step 4: Blend Soaked Rice to Smooth Paste
-Now strain water from soaked rice and transfer rice to blender. Add about 3 tablespoon water and blend to thick smooth paste.
Step 5: Add Half Cup Milk to Rice Paste
-Next add half cup milk to rice paste and keep aside.
Step 6: Procedure for Making Dessert
- Once we are ready with above prepared ingredients we can make dessert easily.
- Take a vessel and add remaining two and half cups milk to it and slowly bring to boil on medium flame.
-Once milk starts boiling add rice milk mixture which was prepared above.
Step 7: Cook With Continuos Stirring
-Cook on low flame stirring continuosly for about 7 minutes.It thickenes and we get creamy texture after some time.
Step 8: Add Sugar and Cinnamon Powder
-Add 1/3 cup sugar and half teaspoon cinnamon powder,stir and cook until sugar dissolves for about 3 minutes.
Step 9: Add Almond Paste
-Finally add almond paste.Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Switch off the stove and transfer to serving cups.
- Granish with nuts and raisins and sprinkle little cinnamon powder on top.chill them and enjoy.