Introduction: Pickle Spice Chicken Tacos
This dish is one from my list of comfort foods and also the favorite one . As the concept says comfort foods, so considering the fact and also according to me , I choose the dish of which ingredients are available in every home and can be made quickly.
Here the main ingredients are chicken(if vegetarian , you can use soyabean or cottage cheese) , pickle spice and papadums. Pickle spice is the prime ingredient of this dish as this will provide all the tangy -spicy taste and will leave you spellbound after eating. I have used homemade mango pickle. As in winters, we prefer hot and spicy food as it provides warmth to the body , that's why this dish is considered favourite in my family especially in cold times.
The papadums that i have used is also a very basic ingredient and can be found in every home , if not you can replace it with tortillas . But i prefer papadums because of its aroma and roasted spicy taste.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1. Chicken Breast - 250 g
2. Papadum ( Papad) - 3 pc
3. Canola Oil - 4 tap
4. Red and yellow Bell Pepper - 1 pc each
5. Onion - 1 pc
6. Tomato - 1pc
7. Fresh Ginger Garlic paste - 1tsp
8. Fresh Coriander Leaves
10. Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
11. Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
12. Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
13. Garam masala powder - 1/4 TSP
14. Mango pickle masala - 2 TSP
15. Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
16. Green Chilli- 3-4
Step 2: Filling
1. In a hot pan, add required amount of oil.
2. Add cumin seeds and once it start spluttering add chopped onions.
3. Stir and saute it on low flame till it becomes light golden in color.
4.Now add ginger garlic paste and saute it till the aroma of raw ginger garlic goes away.
5.Add thin sliced chicken pieces and chopped green chilli in the pan.
6.Add all the dry spices except garam masala and salt.
Step 3: Filling Part II
1. After mixing the spices well, add Julian sliced (thin) Bell peppers in it.
2. Cover the pan for 2-3 minutes.
3. After this add the mango pickle masala, mix it well.
4. Add garam masala
And finally chopped coriander leaves
Turn the gas off, Filling is ready.
Step 4: Papadum Taco
1.Roast the papadum on low gas flame or in microwave for 1 min.
2. Quickly roll it on the rolling pin to give it shape or it will get hard.
3.Fill the papadum with the chicken filling.
Step 5: Ready to Eat
Hot and spicy tacos are ready to eat.
Garnish the tacos with curd and Coriander leaves.
Enjoy the tangy pickle taste chicken with the aroma of papadum.
Runner Up in the
Comfort Food Challenge