Intro: Pin-Up Girl Make-Up Bags
Keep your make up safe by making a gorgeously glam pin-up girl make-up bag with this simple tutorial.
You will need:
Fabric Paint / Acrylic
Ribbon (for the strap)
Paper (for the template)
Sewing Machine or Needle + Thread
Rhinestone Crystals (optional)
1. Make a template for your bag. It should be atleast the width of your zip. I used an A4 piece of paper, folded it in half and then cut it down to size.
2. Use your template to draw out the shape on to your fabric.
3. Cut out the fabric.
4. Cut out your lining fabric and your cover fabric.
5. Pin the long sides of both pieces of fabric together.
6. Sew up each side using a sewing machine or by hand.
7. Pin the short lenth along the zip.
8. Sew this together. (Be careful not to sew on to the zip as this will snap the needle.)
9. Pin the other side of the bag to the zip.
10. Sew the other side up with the sewing machine. Unzip the zip so that you don't end up sewing the top of bag to the bottom of the bag.
11. Your zip should now be nice and secure.
12. Fold the bag inside out.
13. Sew up the remaining sides. Remember to leave the zip open
14. Trim off any excess fabric or lose threads.
15. Fold the bag inside out.
16. Make or buy a stencil.
17. Use fabric paint or acrylic to paint on the stencil.
18. Add a few crystals and a strap and you're ready to go.