Hi...I love to cook and make deserts....so when the desert competition came up i was very happy as i had something i could enter.
This is my first instructable...so i hope i do it right! :-)
Please try it and let me know if you find it as tasty as i do!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1 medium pineapple stewed or 1 can (500 gms) pineapple pieces
10 table spoons white sugar
1½ level table spoon gelatin, softened in ¾ cup water
1 can (400 gms) condensed milk (sweetened milk) made into 1 pint adding water.
50 gms nuts
2 tea spoons vanilla essence or 2 drops of pineapple essence
Step 2: Method
Stew the pineapple-
Cube the pineapple, put into a pan, add 2 table spoon sugar and cook for about 5 minutes, until soft. Leave to cool.
1. Put the milk into a pan.
2. Separate the yolks and the whites
3. Beat the yolks and rest of the sugar for about 2-3 mins, till light in color
4. Mix it into the milk
5. Stir over a low medium flame continuously for about 13-15 mins, until custard thickens. Allow to cool.
6. Dissolve the softened gelatin over gentle heat until all grains disappear. Cool for a while.
7. Stir it into the custard
8. Beat the whites to a very stiff froth.
9. Beat gently into the cooled custard and mix thoroughly.
10. Add flavoring
11. Place the pineapple pieces at the bottom of a glass dish and sprinkle with chopped nuts leaving some for garnish.
12. Pour the custard over and leave to set in fridge for about 20 mins.
Step 3: Assembling
Place the pineapple pieces at the bottom of a glass dish and sprinkle with chopped nuts leaving some for garnish.
Pour the custard over and leave to set in fridge for about 20 mins.
Garnish with rest of the pineapple and nuts.
This dish serves 16 potions and is delicious!
Try it and let me know how it turned out for you!