Introduction: Pink Heart Pizza
The perfect pizza for Valentine's or any special day.
Step 1: Ingredients
Pizza Dough (Use the recipe below or purchase a kit/pre-made dough)
1 package dry instant active yeast
1 cup warm water
1/2 tablespoon sugar
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoon olive oil
A pinch of salt
*Combine the yeast, warm water, sugar, and 1/2 cup of flour in a bowl. Stir and allow to sit until bubbly, around 15-20 minutes. Add in the remaining 2 cups of flour, olive oil, and salt. Form the dough into a ball and turn onto a floured surface. Knead the dough for 10 minutes, adding only enough flour to keep the dough from sticking to your surface. Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with greased plastic wrap. Allow to rise for 2 hours in a warm area. Punch the dough back into a ball and wrap in the greased wrap. Refrigerate until needed.
1 cup pizza sauce (homemade or store bought)
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 TB olive oil
1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1. When you are ready to make your pizza, flour a large surface.
2. Flatten the dough into a disc with your hands.
3. Roll the dough along your balled fists, stretching it out gently until it is to your desired thinness.
Step 2: Shaping and Topping
1. Transfer the dough onto a pizza pan or peel. Cut a V shape out of the top of the dough disc and pinch/ fold the bottom end into a point. Carefully stretch and shape the top to resemble a heart.
2. Twist the edges up to form a crust and brush the dough with the chopped garlic and olive oil.
3-4. Mix the ricotta cheese and pizza sauce until smooth. Spread onto the dough.
5. Top the pizza with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. If you desire, you can cut out toppings with a heart shaped cookie cutter. Pepperoni, red peppers, and tomatoes would work great.
Step 3: Finished Pizza
Bake the pizza at 425 degrees F for 10-20 minutes until the cheese and crust have browned.
Participated in the