Introduction: Pinwheel Samosas
Pinwheels Samosa are great twist to most popular and most wanted Indian snack *SAMOSA*. They make mouthwatering appetizer.
Pinwheel samosa looks delicious and are a great appetizer for party.
They are so delicious you may eat them just as they are or serve them with coriander chutney and tomato ketchup.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fine semolina flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Approximately 1/3 cup cold water
- 4 medium size potatoes (boiled peeled and roughly mashed)
- 1/2 cup green peas (boiled)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon green chillies (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Oil to fry
Step 2: Method
Mix flour, salt and oil add water to make soft dough. add water as needed.
cover it with a damp cloth. Let the dough rest for at least 15 minutes.
Squeeze the water from green peas and mix all the ingredients for filling; potatoes, cumin seeds, coriander powder, green chilly, mango powder, salt, and fresh coriander together.
Divide the filling in 2 parts and set aside.
MAKING PINWHEEL :
- Mix the all purpose flour and water to make thin batter. Set aside.
- Knead the dough for a minute and divide into 2 equal parts and roll them into balls.
- Roll the ball into about 11 inch diameter.
- Spread one part of the filling evenly over rolled dough, slightly pressing
- Roll the sheet gently, but firmly until you have a nice firm log.
- Use a little water to seal the end of the sheet firmly,roll the log gently 6-7 times this helps keeping together.
- With a sharp knife slice the both ends about 1 inch long then slice the log into ½ inch thick, this should make about 14 -16 pinwheels.
- Press each pinwheel lightly.
Step 3: Frying
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- The frying pan should have at least 1 inch of oil.
- To check if the oil is ready, drop a small piece of dough. The piece of dough should come up but not change color.
- Dip the pinwheel in the batter one at a time and slowly drop in the oil in frying pan.
- Fry the pinwheels in small batches.
- Pinwheels will take about 3 to 4 minutes to cook.
- Turn them occasionally. Fry the pinwheels until both sides are golden-brown.
- Repeat this process.
Second Prize in the