If you like this video and this recipes, it'd be super cool if you could subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Darnyouglutenfood
Step 1: How To
1. You’re basically going to throw everything into a blender. First though, you can mix the vanilla extract and the green colouring (if you’re using it) into the milk.
2. Start with the pistachios and sugar. Place them in the blender and blitz until you get a powder, it doesn’t matter if you have a couple of pieces of pistachio bust try and get them as fine as possible.
3. Sift in the dry ingredients, the tapioca flour, the white rice flour, the maca powder, the baking powder. Blend together for a couple of seconds until nicely mixed.
4. Add in the chopped butter. Blend together, until you don’t have any large lumps of butter anymore. You might need to scrape bits off the side and unclump the butter from time to time.
5. Add in the egg and blend until combined into a thick paste. Then pour in the milk and blend together. It will be rather liquid which will make the cakes a little dense and rather moist - but in no means will it be heavy. Feel free, however, to diminish the milk quantities - bearing in mind less milk with make less cake.
6. Pour the mix into your moulds and bake in an oven that has been pre-heated to 190°C for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Let them cool then pop them out and turn them upside down.
Step 2: Decoration
7. If you want them to look like little “Buttes du Lion”, you might want to shave off the top… which become the bottom, so that they sit flat. Then cut out some fudge rectangles (see next post for recipe) to represent the plinth the lion stands on. Place the chocolate fudge on the top of the mound, they will stick of their own accord. To finish off the cakes, simply print off some small images of THE lion - facing in opposite directions - cut them out and stick two back to back on a toothpick that can then be pushed into the fudge and cake.