Pizza roses. Pizza shaped like roses.
Need I say more? ;)
Step 1: What You'll Need
Here's what you'll need:
- Pizza Dough (not pizza crust)...Feel free to use my quick and easy 5-ingredient (no yeast) pizza dough recipe found here: https://www.instructables.com/id/Vegan-Yeast-Free-...
- Pizza or Pasta Sauce
- Cheese (or nutritional yeast if vegan)
- Toppings that have a rounded edge (suggestions are: pepperoni, tomatoes slices, pineapple slices, banana peppers, etc) The toppings will become the "rose petals."
- Muffin Pan / Cupcake Pan
- Cooking Spray
- Flour (for rolling out the dough)
- Rolling Pin
1. Before you begin, take some time to slice up your toppings.
2. Also, spray the muffin pan so it's ready.
3. Lastly, preheat the oven to whatever temperature the pizza dough recipe or package calls for.
Step 2: Make the Pizza Dough
If your dough is already pre-made, skip this step.
Follow the recipe for your specific homemade pizza dough. If you are using my recipe, do all the way up to letting it sit for 10 minutes with a clean towel over top.
Step 3: Roll Out the Dough
Lightly flour a smooth, clean surface.
Roll out your dough pretty thin (maybe to about 1/8"). Think thin crust. A thicker crust will be too much when rolled up.
Also roll it out to more of a rectangular shape.
Step 4: Slice the Dough
Cut 2" slices in the dough length-wise.
If you are making homemade dough, you will need to use a fork to make holes all over the dough strips.
Step 5: Get Saucy
Add sauce to each strip.
Step 6: It Ain't Easy Being Cheesy
Add cheese (or nutritional yeast) to each strip.
Step 7: Top It Off
Add the toppings to the TOP HALF of each strip. Make sure the rounded edges of the toppings are facing out.
Step 8: Fold It Over & Roll It Up
1. Once the toppings are on fleek, fold the bottom half of the dough up and over the top half (so only the tops of the toppings are showing.
2. Then, roll up the strip from one side to the other side (lengthwise). With vegetables and fruits, this part may be tricky. Keep pushing the tops of the ingredients back into the folded strip as you roll.
Step 9: Bake 'Em
Put the roses into the muffin pan.
Bake for 20 minutes at the temperature your recipe (or the package) calls for. If using my recipe, it's 400 degrees.
Step 10: Share the Love!
Show off your AMAZING pizza roses! Share them with family and friends for Valentine's Day, a birthday, an anniversary, or at the holidays.
Thanks for stopping by! :)
Participated in the
Valentine's Day Challenge 2017