Having a decorative lamp in your plantpot may sound strange, but it actually gives a special touch to your ambient.
Through the use of textiles, this lamp enhances the essence of nature and becomes the focal point in your room.
It's quite easy to do and you don't need so many materials. If you aren't able to get the proposed materials, you can replace them with those of your convenience.
- Styrene sheet 0.7 mm thickness (or flexible cardboard if you're not able to get styrene)
- Jute: 2 pieces of 20x20 cm
- Electronic candle
- Wood sticks (50 cm lenght and 0.8 cm diameter)
- Instant adhesive
- Paint scrap
- Tape or a bottle 10cm diameter (optional)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Cut the Styrene and Jute Pieces
- Cut styrene strips with the following measures:
a. 33 x 3.5 cm
b. 33 x 2.5 cm
2. Cut 2 styrene circles 10 cm diameter
3. Cut 10 jute strips with the following measures: 17 x 2.5 cm
I cut 5 beige strips and 5 brown strips
Step 2: Start Assembly and Mark the Circles
- Bent the styrene strips in order to make a circle and apply some instant adhesive. You can help yourself by using a bottle or a cilinder. In this case I used a tape (picture #2)
- In order to make the assembly easier, you'll have to mark a smaller circle inside the pieces 1.5 cm distance from the edge (picture #4).
- Mark a cross only in one circle and make a hole for the wood stick (it has to be very tight)
Step 3: Align Electronic Candle
- Place the candle at the center of the second circle and mark the position.
- Use some paint for detecting the switch, in order to cut a hole for turning the candle on and off.
Step 4: Glue Jute Strips
- Start by the top circle (the one with the candle switch hole). Apply instant glue in the outer circumference of the circle you marked to respect distances.
- Once you finish with the strips, assemble the top styrene circle with the widest styrene strip and stick the electronic candle with instant adhesive.
- Continue by twisting the strips and attach them with adhesive to the other styrene circle.
- Now you may assemble the narrowest styrene strip to the rest of the pieces just as you did in step 2.
Step 5: Glue Wood Stick
- Cut the stick in 2 pieces (one 48 cm large and the other 2 cm large)
- First insert the largest stick through the hole in the inferior styrene circle and glue them just as the picture shows.
- Now you're able to apply instant adhesive to the electronic candle and to the hole in inferior circle, in order to keep the lamp steady.
- Our lamp is ready! Now stick it in your plantpot
Participated in the
Indoor Lighting Contest