Introduction: Plastic Buckle Shoe Laces
A common problem everywhere is untied shoe laces, as we all know after an hour or two shoes loosen and untie, so you find yourself often bent down to fix it, this begs the question how can I stop this permanently. After you read this short Instructable, it will no longer be a problem.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
For this project you will need:
1. Two small plastic buckles (found at Michaels craft store or other similar stores)
2. The laces you intend on using
3. The shoes
Note: This will look best on athletic shoes and boots, but it can be tried on other styles of shoe as well.
Step 2: Putting on the Buckles
1. To start, run the laces through the holes in each side of the buckle, to insure proper fitting do it with you're foot in the shoe.
2. Tie one side with a simple loop putting the end in and pulling out tightly, this should be done twice per side to keep it secure.
3. Walk around to make sure it is tight enough but not too loose (you may have to make adjustments).
Step 3: Finishing
To finish, simply tuck the excess into the weave of the laces making sure it does not protrude from the shoe.
Now that you are finished, enjoy.
Please feel free to rate or give any comments you have concerning this Instructable.