Nr. 0050 (here alongside nr. 0001) is a versatile lamp made out of five wooden segments. The idea was to make it according to the KISS principle.
Step 1: Woodworking
1. Cut twelve identical pieces of wood measuring 200x9x28mm.
2. Drill 8mm holes there where the five pieces of wood are combined together to make a joint link.
Step 2: Powercord Assembly
1. Use a regular E14 fitting and wire this up.
2. Install a switch (optional) and a socket plug.
Step 3: Fixation of the Fitting
1. Do a first assembly of the wooden pieces by use of sawed of pieces of 8mm threaded end and winged nuts.
2. Use tie-raps to fixate the fitting.
3. Drill four 2mm holes.
4. Use a thin metal tread and a aluminium clip to permanently keep things together.
5. Remove the tie-raps.
Important: use a low wattage (LED) light bulb to prevent overheating!
Step 4: The Shade
Make a 'lightshield' with thin triplex plywood to deflect unwanted light. Strengthen the joint by glueing in a toothpick.
Step 5: End Result
And there she is! Isn't she lovely..?
Warning: never leave your DIY lamp unattended.