This is a simple meal -- poached egg and rice -- for all you egg lovers. When fried egg and scrambled eggs get boring, here's something to spice it up. Poached eggs are not easy to perfect or make well, but I'm going ot show you an easy way of making it!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Fresh Egg
- [Optional] Bacon Bits
- [Optional] Green Onion
Step 2: Heat the Water
- Heat the water until it is simmering.
- Bring the heat down to medium-low
- Add a dash of vinegar.
Step 3: Crack the Egg
- Crack the egg into a small bowl.
It is important that the egg is fresh and that you do not crack it over the pot of water.
Step 4: Transfer the Egg
- Slowly and carefully tilt the bowl to the pot of water and gently drop the egg.
Step 5: Scoop Egg Whites
- Scoop the egg whites and wrap it around the yolk.
- Keep doing this for about 2-4 minutes depending on how soft or firm you want it.
Step 6: Removing the Egg
- Using a slotted spoon or strainer, remove the egg from the water.
- Place it on top of a bowl of rice
Step 7: [Optional] Garnish
- Garnish with green onions and bacon bits
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017