I have entered this in the pocket sized contest. Please vote for me. and subscribe please!
IT WORKS BETTER THAN OTHER POTATO GUNS (POCKET SIZED) shoots farther!
It is six inches long, and an inch wide. It is powered with propane and an electric sparker from a lighter.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.
Step 1: Materials
These are the items you will need:
- super glue (may not need it)
- electrical tape
- duct tape
- thumb tacks
- sparker (from lighter)
- wire snips
- glue stick
- 5-10 mm slice of potato
Step 2: The Combustion Chamber
The glue stick (picture one)
-remove the cap and excess glue from the stick.
- carefully break off the part that twists on the bottom. (picture two)
- now that the twisty thing is broken, take your sharp knife and cut the remnants out of the bottom of the glue stick.
- wash the glue out of the glue body. (picture three)
- nice and clean. (picture four)
Step 3: Preparing the Barrel of the Gun
- Take the pen (picture one) and remove the grip and the writing part (picture two).
some force may be necessary.
- remove the capped end of the pen tube. I did it with my knife. (picture three)
- wrap tape around the pen tube( picture four) until it fits snugly in the glue stick body. (picture five)
- after the pen is inserted into the combustion chamber, tightly wrap electrical tape around it to make a tight fit. ( picture six)
Step 4: Preparing the Sparky Thing
- cut two pieces of wire about two/three inches long. (picture one)
- push the two thumb tacks into the combustion chamber so they are about 1/8 of an inch from touching each other. (picture two)
- pull the thumb tacks out of the chamber and wrap a wire around each metal part of the thumb tacks. ( picture three)
- push them back into the chamber. (picture four)
- push the two wire ends into the sparker. (picture five)
- tape all around the sparker except for the trigger. ( picture six)
- this part is hard to explain. take the thumb tacks out of the chamber while leaving the wires where they were. tape over the wires. push the thumb tacks trough the tape, the wire holes, and through the holes in the chamber. ( pictures six and seven)
Step 5: Now Its Done
just place the cap on the chamber and now your done.
Step 6: Amunition
use propane as a propellant.
as the ammunition push the barrel into the potato and pull it back out with the piece of potato in the barrel. push it down with the ram rod. fill the combustion chamber with propane and quickly close the cap.
DO NOT FIRE AT OR NEAR PEOPLE. DO NOT LOOK DOWN THE BARREL WHEN FIRING. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY.
aim, fire and have fun!
Step 7: Cleaning the Gun
after using the gun for a while, it will stop sparking inside. for starters, try dipping the q-tip into some alcohol and rubbing the two tacks inside the combustion chamber clean.
if that does not work, try making sure the wires are touching everything they are supposed to touch.
other wise, it may be time to retire you potato gun, or get a new sparker.