Introduction: ♡ Polymer Clay Sweet Candy House ♡
Hello ! In this tutorial I show you how I made a Polymer Clay Sweet Candy House using mainly a plastic bowl, paper clay and polymer clay. It’s fun to make and you can use it as an awesome decoration.
What you need :
- Worn Plastic Bowl,
- Paper Clay,
- Polymer Clay,
- Cardboard 50x50cm,
- Transparent Plastic Film 20x30cm,
- Hot Glue,
- Hot Glue gun,
- Acrylic Paint,
- Cutter knife,
- Clay sculpture tools
Step 1: Shaping the House
- Cut a quarter of the bowl using the scissors,
- Draw on the cardboard a circle with a diameter of 10cm greater than the diameter of the bowl, you can use the bowl to facilitate the marking.
- Cut the cardboard following the circle drawn using a cutter knife,
- Glue the bowl to the center of the cardboard using a hot glue gun,
- To form the front of the house, glue the plastic film using hot glue as shown in the photo attached,
- Cut the parts that have passed the border with a scissors.
Step 2: Making the Upstairs Room
To build the main form of the room, I use a quarter of the already cut bowl,
- Draw the shapes of the walls on the cardboard,
- Cut the cardboard using a cutter,
- Glue the cut pieces of cardboard using hot glue to build the walls,
- After drying glue, cut two pieces 2 cm wide of each wall, to form the door of the room.
Step 3: Cover With Paper Clay
After, I cover all the house with paper clay. (I used "Das modelling material" but you can any paper clay or even a homemade paper clay). I don't use natural air dry clay, it will shrink and that will result in a lot of cracks around your jar. So paper clay is the best to use in this type of craft.
I shape doors and windows using Clay Sculpting Tools.
Step 4: Building Paper Clay Sweet Pieces
Based on paper clay and using carving tools we can build sweet pieces of different types and sizes according to how you want. See the pictures attached to see some of the sweet pieces that I built.
Step 5: Paint
I used acrylic paint for painting. You can use watercolors and watercolor crayons. It's up to you. In the end you can seal the paint using some matte spray varnish.
Step 6: Making Polymer Clay Sweet Pieces
Based on polymer clay and using carving tools we can build sweet pieces of different types and sizes according to how you want. See the pictures attached to see some of the sweet pieces that I built (cookies, chocolate, snowman,...)
You can find out how to create a cute miniature snowman in the attached video.
You can find the polymer clay that I use in the following link : DAS SMART POLYMER CLAY
I hope you like my project. See you!
Step 7: Watch
In order to not miss any details and to follow all the real chain of the instructable, enjoy to watch the video tutorial attached.
I hope you like my instructable. See you!
Participated in the