Introduction: Popcorn As Packaging Material - Yummy and Decomposable
What if you want to send something that is easily breakable and you don't have packaging peanuts at home (and don't want to use ordinary toilet or kitchen paper)?
Make your own packaging "peanuts" aka popcorn.
It's perfect for packing and it's easily decomposable after use (or edible), and usually there should be always popcorn at home :-)
What you need:
- Popcorn maker, which uses hot air for popping up
- a bowl
- a kitchen towel
- of course something you want so send away (for example a flower vase filled with your friends favorite candies)
- (you might also put in a small package with popcorn flavors like cinnamon and sugar or pepper, salt and paprika)
Step 1: Popping the Corn
1. Measure the max. amount of corn
2. Put it into the popcorn maker, and use your towel to cover the bowl (otherwise your popcorn might jump everywhere).
3. Press the button.
4. Wait for the hot air and let it pop...
Step 2: Pop More Corn
1. Pop, pop, pop
2. If necessary burst another batch.
Step 3: Pack It and Send It
1. Cover the bottom of your cardboard carton with some paper.
2. Fill in a small layer of popped corn.
3. Place your present.
4. Cover it with a nice card, close the package and send it to a nice person :-)
Runner Up in the
Unusual Uses Challenge 2017