Introduction: Popsicle Stick Flower Vase - Rainbow
In this blog I will show you how I made this colorful desktop flower pot for less than $5.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
Trip to the Dollar Store
- Browse the craft section
- Popsicle sticks/Craft Sticks
- Birds or butterflies
- Toppings (marbles, shells, etc. Be creative!)
- Floral foam
- Mini Picture Frame
Step 2: Assembly
- Start the flower pot off by gluing two popsicle sticks in an "L" shape. The third stick will not be long enough to make a perfect triangle but don't worry, your pot will be adorable.
- Glue the stick on top of the previous two.
- You will continue this pattern of stick gluing until you are satisfied with the height or until you run out of popsicle sticks. Let dry. (In the photo I did not :/)
- Next you will cut the floral foam into the shape of the flower pot, squish it into place. This will aid in the arrangement of your artificial flowers.
- Flowers can be snipped down to size of flower pot. I used a pair of wire cutters.
- Once desired arrangement is finished, add birds, butterflies, etc.
- Add a mini picture frame to complete this project.
Step 3: Finished Vase
All done. Give vase as a gift. Decor any room. Share this project with friends.
Blog also online at www.bits4bots.com/blog
Participated in the
1 Person Made This Project!
- shadha.ali.5 made it!