Intro: Popsicle Sticks Platonic Solids: Cube
Alohagems is working on a project about Platonic Solids using Popsicle sticks for school project classroom math display center or for home decorations.
There are five platonic Solids:
A cube has six faces (square), eight vertices and twelve edges.
24 Popsicle sticks
tacky glue or hot glue gun
Step 1: The 12 Edges
- Choose 24 good Popsicle sticks.
- Glue two sticks together forming a right angle (90 degrees). (See pictures). Let is dry.
Step 2: The Faces
- Prepare four edges.
- Make a square and glue it one by one.
- Let it dry.
- Make 2 square faces as seen on the pictures.
Step 3: The Cube
- Prepare two squares and 4 edges.
- Glue 4 edges one at a time to the square face. Let it dry. Hot glue gun dries faster. Add the last square face.