Stay Warm With This DIY Pocket Sized Heater Made With Homemade Parts. Carry It Anywhere on the go and stay nice and warm . 55°C - 70°C Hot Air Output At 60 Watt Power Made With Peltier Element And Old Graphics Card Fan , Run From Ac Power Adapter Or 12v Batteries !
This Heater Uses Thermoelectric Peltier module ,to generate heat or cold and a fan from a graphics card to blow hot/cold air away.
So Let's Build It !
Step 1: Parts List
# Peltier Module
# Heatsink Fan
I Got Mine From Old Graphics Card For Free !!!
# Thermal Compound
# Insulator (Anything Like Paper ,Cloth, Sponge)
Step 2: Let's Make It !
Watch Full Tutorial Here
Watch The Full Step By Step Tutorial Here.
Step 3: Mechanical Construction
1. Clean the metal surface of the heat sink and peltier module with cleaning solution
2. Apply Thermal Compound evenly on to the peltier module.
3. Place the peltier module on the heatsink.
4.Then Place the insulator pad to insulate cold side
5. To Fit all these layers use a metallic plate and attach with the help of some screws.
6. Don't Forget to attach protection gaurd for the fan.
Step 4: Electrical Connections
Use This Block Diagram For Electrical Connection of Circuit
And Lastly Attach a Dc connector of your choise
And You're Done!
Step 5: One Step Furthur ! - Heater/Cooler
1. To Make it Heater / Cooler Connect An DPDT Switch in This Configuration before the peltier module This circuit will just flip the polarity as you change the switch.
2. Connect a bridge rectifier before fan so that no matter what fan will get a proper polarity.
3. With The Flick of a switch it will become cooler or heater, but remember if you're using it as cooler connection of fan on the other side of peltier is essential
Your Feedback Is Always Appreciated . See you Soon !