Portable hammer for light nailing when you need to nail out in the field but don't want to bring a regular hammer for weight reasons.
1. Piece of 1x2 Pine
2. 2 screws, 1.25 inches (I used Spax #1 Square)
3. Metal mending plate.
4. Screwdriver (in my case #1 Square)
Step 1: Secure Metal Plate
1. Align the plate to the narrow side of the 1x2.
2. Begin driving in the 2 screws, making sure that they go in straight.
3. Once you are sure they are driving straight, screw them all the way down to the surface of the metal plate.
4. To use, hit the head of the nails with the metal plate.
5. Please note that this is for portable, light duty use only.