This recipe will be part one of a two part meal featuring fresh flavors of the Earth (portobello mushroom) and the sea (Atlantic salmon), joint by a improvised salsa stir fry.
- Portobello mushrooms
- yellow bell pepper
- sunflower seeds
- olive oil
- lime juice
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Cutting Board Work
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Slice garlic in half, cut into threads while leaving the other side in tact, and finally finely dice along the comb.
- Dice onion, tomato, and bell pepper into 1 cm chunks
Step 2: Seasoning the Mushrooms
- Place mushrooms face down on a baking sheet / pan
- season with garlic, salt, black pepper and olive oil
- into the oven for 8-10 minutes
Step 3: Cooking the Sauce
In a hot pan on high heat, add 2 tbsp of olive oil:
- saute the onion lightly, until spiciness drops off
- add in tomato and pepper, mix and cook until warm
- chuck in some sunflower seeds
- season with a bit of salt and lime juice, mix and remove from heat
Step 4: Putting It All Together
- Take the stem off of one portobello mushroom
- scoop the sauce onto one mushroom with stem intact
- place the first mushroom on top
Step 5: Serve
- Serve on a warm plate along with any meat or fish entree!
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017