Introduction: Potato Korma Which Tastes Like Non-vegetarian Dish
A very tasty stew made with potatoes, which smells and tastes like a non-vegetarian dish. We call this stew as Korma in our language. Please read on to see how to make this stew.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prepare Potatoes
- Take about 500 grams of potatoes and peel the skin
- Cut the potatoes into cubes of about 3/4th inch size
Step 2: Ingredients Required
- Five Green chilies
- One teaspoon of Cumin seeds
- One teaspoon of Fenugreek seeds
- One teaspoon of Poppy seeds
- Two medium sized onions
- Half a coconut
- One inch long piece of Ginger
- Five large garlic cloves
- Handful of Mint leaves
- Handful of Coriander leaves
- Handful of Curry leaves
- Five medium sized tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- One tablespoon of cooking oil
- Two teaspoons of Coriander powder
- One teaspoon red chili powder
- One teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Half a teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- One teaspoon of roughly ground all spices containing Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Bay leaf and Star Anise.
Step 3: Chop and Cut
- Remove the coconut from shell and cut into small pieces
- Chop the onions
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces
Step 4: Make Paste
In a mixer / grinder make pastes of following ingredients
- Make Ginger and Garlic paste
- Coconut, green chilies, poppy seeds, Cumin seeds and Fenugreek seeds all mixed together into paste
- Make tomato puree
- Lightly grind the onions
Step 5: Preparation Step 1
- Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil in a pan
- Add the all spices containing Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Bay leaf and Star Anise to the heated oil
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix well
- Add roughly ground onions
- Add mint leaves, coriander leaves and curry leaves
- Add tomato puree
Cook all these ingredients in oil till raw smell disappears
Step 6: Preparation Step 2
- Add the Coriander powder, Red chili powder, Garam masala powder and Turmeric powder to the cooked ingredients in the pan and mix well
- Now add the paste made with coconut and other spices to the pan and cook for about five minutes.
Step 7: Add Potatoes
- Now add the potato cubes and salt to the mixture in the pan.
- And about one cup of water to the mix.
- Cover the pan and cook till the potato cubes become tender and absorb all flavor from the spices
- Now you can see that the stew has thickened with properly cooked potato cubes in it.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
This dish tastes like a non-vegetarian stew and can be eaten with Rice, Parotas, Chapatis, Bread and Poori