Introduction: Potato Print Undies
Use this easy stamp technique to make custom designed undies in under an hour! All you need is a potato and a pair of underwear.
Its no mystery that I love making custom undies! Printed undies can get very expensive, but buying plain cotton underwear definitely fits in the budget.
You can check out my other panties here:
DIY Lace Thong
Knitted Edible Underwear
Step 1: Materials
- Undies - solid color
- Fabric Paint
- Knife and/or X-acto Knife
Step 2: Make Stamp
- Sketch out an image you want to stamp first.
- Cut out the image and place it against the potato then trace the image out with a felt tip pen. OR you can just free hand draw on the potato.
- Think about what areas you want to be negative space (no ink) and positive space (ink). Mark the areas that will be cut out either w/ an X or by coloring it in.
- Use an x-acto knifeto cut out the negative space. Make sure you cut the negative space deep enough so it doesn't show up in the stamp.
Step 3: Stamp Underwear
- UNDERWEAR: Insert a piece of card board in the underwear to prevent the paint from bleeding through
- PAINT: on a plate mix paint with a couple drops of water so the color is not too opaque.
- Press stamp into ink. Make sure the ink doesn't glob up too much on the stamp by wiping some off on the plate.
- Press stamp onto underwear. The amount you press depends on how much of the image you want to show. I pressed lightly for some of the stamps so parts of the heart were missing.
- If you want to use the stamp with multiple colors just wipe the stamp off with a paper towel. But be gentle, since this is a potato stamp you can ruin the stamp if you press to hard.
Step 4: Iron
Lay a piece of fabric over the underwear and iron. This will make the underwear safe for washing! Make sure you iron both sides.