Intro: Potato Stew With Sausage (Authentic Cajun Recipe)
This is my wife's recipe for Potato Stew and Sausage.
Recipe below. I really love this recipe because it serves a lot of people and it is very inexpensive.
You will love it, give it a try.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 2.5 to 3 pounds of russett potatos diced into 1 inch cubes
2 lbs of smoked sausage cut into 1/4 inch slices
2 cloves of garlic
1 large yellow onion chopped
1 tsp parsley (fresh preferred but dried is also an option)
2 celery stalks chopped
1/2 bellpepper chopped
1 tbps of vegetable oil
2 tbps of Nunus seasoning (may need extra when seasoning to taste)
Step 2: Step 2 - Prep Work
- Peel russett potatoes
- cut sausage into 1/4 inch slices
- Saute chopped onion, bellpepper, celery, and garlic in the oil.
Step 3: Step 2: Sausage Added
- Add sausage and brown the sausage and vegetables over
medium high heat until they caramelize (about 15 - 20 minutes depending on stove)
Step 4: Step 3 Potatoes!
- Mix in the diced potatoes thoroughly
- Add water until the potatoes are completely underwater. Add seasoning and cover to cook.
- Stirring occasionally, let cook on medium heat for about 60 minutes or until the potatoes reach a very soft consistency (as seen in the video)
- Season to taste. Serve over rice. (see my stove top rice video)