Intro: Power Arduino From a 9v Battery.
Have you ever wanted to power you Arduino with a 9v batter but didn't know how? Well here is a simple instructable on how to!
Step 1: Materials
You will need:
1. Arduino (any kind that has a power cord jack)
2. A power adapter with a 2.1 mm jack
4. Tape (preferably electrical tape)
5. 9v battery adapter (sorry forgot to put in picture)
6. (optional) an experiment to test it on!
Step 2: Cut, Strip, and Add the Jack to the Battery.
First, cut the jack off with at least an inch of wire left on it. Next, strip both wires. Finally, twist the wires on the jack with the wires on the 9v battery holder and tape them seperatly then together to insulate Now your pretty much done!
Step 3: Test It Out!!
Make sure you have a code loaded on the bored and plug your 9v battery set up into the Arduino and see if it works.
Troubleshooting (it does not turn on)
1. Reverse the polarity on your jack.
2. Check the battery.
3. Make sure the Jack is in all the way.
4. Hit the reset button.
This is my first instructable, hope you all like it!