My daughter (a toddler) is not a big fan of fish but fish is very very good for health especially for kids. So, I thought of mincing prawn and pan frying it with clarified butter. I am glad I tried because she did like it :-). I plan to do the same with any other kind of fish as well. Surprisingly, my husband also loved it (hurrayyyyy!!!). Please do try it and am sure you will love it as much as your kids.
PS: Clarified Butter is commonly known as Ghee in India. It is commonly used in most kinds of food and is supposed to be an extremely healthier option to other kind of oil, hence it is preferred for kids. Please check my instructable on Homemade Clarified Butter. Link below:
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Prawns - 3 medium size
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Minced Green Chilly - 1/4 tsp
- Cheese - 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Rice Powder - 1 tsp
- Cilantro - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
Step 2: Make Prawn Cake Patties and Fry in Clarified Butter.
- Mince all ingredients except for rice powder, lemon juice and cilantro.
- Add chopped cilantro, rice powder and lemon juice to the minced mixture.
- The prawn cake batter is now ready.
- Make medium size patties of the batter.
- Heat some clarified butter on a shallow pan for frying.
- Place the patties carefully in the ghee and fry on both sides.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Participated in the