Introduction: Prepare for 3D Printing
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prepare Parts for 3D Printing
If you wish to 3D print your Tinkercad house there is some preparation that needs to take place. The house is made of two main components; the roof and the walls. In this lesson we will move those parts into place to better facilitate the printing of the structure.
By printing the walls and the roof next to one another, we can eliminate the need to use support structures to support the roof during printing.
- Select the green roof object and move it to the side of the house walls.
- With the green roof selected, press D on the keyboard to "drop" the roof to the Workplane.
- From the menu bar, select Export.
- Select the .STL option to download the file required for 3D printing.
- Continue to the next lesson.
In the next lesson you will learn how to put a roof on the house.
Next Lesson:Make It Your Own