The following information is a single lesson in a larger project hosted on Tinkercad.
Return to Previous Lesson:Create a Floor Plan of Your House
In this lesson you will learn how to prepare your house for 3D printing.
Step 1: Prepare Parts for 3D Printing
If you wish to 3D print your Tinkercad house there is some preparation that needs to take place. The house is made of two main components; the roof and the walls. In this lesson we will move those parts into place to better facilitate the printing of the structure.
By printing the walls and the roof next to one another, we can eliminate the need to use support structures to support the roof during printing.
- Select the green roof object and move it to the side of the house walls.
- With the green roof selected, press D on the keyboard to "drop" the roof to the Workplane.
- From the Design menu, select Download for 3D Printing.
- Select the .STL option to download the file required for 3D printing.
- Continue to the next lesson.
Step 2: Continue to the Next Lesson.
In the next lesson you will learn how to put a roof on the house.
Next Lesson:Add a Roof to the House