Ok today im going to make a project thats very different from my normal box making. In memory of the star formally known as prince i have decided to designed a box in the shape of a Guitar. I got this idea from The instructables purple contest and from photos of Prince and also i loved the purple rain film.
So here is the basics of what you will need.
Bandsaw 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch blades
wood (any will do and also a size that you want)
Fimo clay in purple and gold
Step 1: Step 1
I used one piece of wood for lid one for the base around 3/4 thick.
One piece around 2 inches thick for the box.
1) I went onto google found an image of the guitar and printed at the size i wanted the box for me it was around 13 inches long.
2) Stick the design onto the 2 inch thick piece of wood. And using bansaw with 1/8 inch blade cut the outer box out.
3) You can then use the same template to cut lid and base of box.
4) Cut the inner box out leaving about 1/4 inch wall on it. ( See part 1 video )
Step 2: Step 2
1) Next its time to glue the base onto the box. Give it overnight to dry
2) Then using a oscillating sander go over all edges to give a smooth glue free finish.
3) Next make a template to drill for magnets you can use a piece of paper draw around box mark where you want magnets and drill base and lid. (epoxy is the best glue to glue magnets in place).
4) Use sand sealer on the box and give a light sanding between coats with 600 sandpaper.
Step 3: Step 3
See part 2 video this will explain it better should you get stuck.
So now its time for the fun bit.
You will need
2 packs purple fimo clay
1 pack of gold fimo clay
Rolling pin and tools to make the shapes.
The lid of the box
First step it to find a image of guitar from google this will help you to see what you need to do. Also part 2 of my video will show you how i did this part.
1) use purple clay and apply the first layer to the box. (you dont have to follow my design be adventurous)
Step 4: Step 4
1) Take your time and enjoy. Ive added a phone of the guitar from google i used. I didnt like the brass wire and would use thin clay as strings but up to you you might have better luck than me with it.
Thats you all done. Hope you enjoyed
Runner Up in the