What you need: A ChipKIT DP 32 microprocessor (all cords included) and a laptop
- To program a DP 32 without a programmer device (Chipkit PGM), i.e. with arduino IDE, it needs a Memory Resident Program; first step is to upload this Memory resident program called Bootloader on DP 32.
- Install MPLAB X IDE on you laptop or computer.
- Download and extract (unzip) the Bootloader
- Create a new project > Microchip embedded > Prebuild (Hex, Loadable Image) Project
- Browse the extracted bootloader file from downloads as the Prebuilt Filename
- Select 32-bit MCUs (PIC 32) > PIC32MX250F128B
- Select ChipKIT programmer as the hardware tool
- Name the project, set it as main and hit finish
- Click "Make and Program Device Main Project" to upload the .Hex file to DP 32
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.