Easiest method for adding AT89S series in AVR DUDESS application.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Download Required Files:
1) Download and install winavr from the given link
2) Download and install AVR DUDESS from the link
3) Download the avrdude.conf file
Step 2: Installation:
1) Install the winavr in any desired location (C: drive is preferable).
2)Install the AVR DUDESS application... It is a GUI for avrdude.
3)Locate the avrdude.conf file.
4) (C:\WinAVR-20100110\bin\avrdude.conf) this will be the default location of the file "avrdude.conf", if you have installed winavr in C: drive.
5) Replace the avrdude.conf file with the downloaded avrdude.conf file.
Step 3: AVR DUDESS:
1) Run AVR DUDESS application... you will find that the AT89s series is not listed in the MCU list.
2) Now select option and specify the path for avrdude.conf file in all the three spaces.
Step 4: AT89S52
Now you can find the AT89S series in the MCU list.
If you get any error like -
C:\WinAVR-20100110\bin\arvdude.conf:320 unrecognized character: "a"
then the avrdude you have is outdated.... Download the latest version from this link and replaces the existing files in the bin folder http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/avrdude/... for reference : https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=74945.0