Ever get a craving for something unhealthy, but don't want to ruin your diet with junk? This tutorial will show you how to create a delicious snack/dessert that is filled with protein and low in sugar.
Step 1: Ingredients
1. Protein Powder: 2 scoops (60g protein, 100g total) - I used Body Fortress Chocolate Whey
2. Baking Cocoa (unsweetened): 1.5 tablespoons
3. Milk: 3/4 cup - I used Almond milk; any kind works
4. Vanilla Extract: 1/2 teaspoon
5. Whipped Cream: ~1 cup
6. Vanilla Yogurt (any kind): 3 tablespoons
7. Mixing bowl with spoon and whisk.
8. < 10 prep. time; 20 minutes in fridge
Step 2: Protein Powder and Milk
In the bowl, put two (2) scoops of your protein powder. Next, mix in your milk with the whisk. Make sure to crush any clumps of powder. In the end, the solution should look like the third picture.
Step 3: Cocoa
Stir in your baking cocoa (once again) making sure to destroy any clumps. The mixture should look a little darker now.
Step 4: Yogurt
Mix in your yogurt, and the solution should look a lighter again.
Step 5: Vanilla
Mix in your vanilla, being sure to evenly stir the mixture.
Step 6: Whipped Cream
Lastly, pour/scoop your whipped cream into the bowl. Stir it well so that the finished product is smooth and consistent.
Step 7: Refrigerate
Cover and place your bowl in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
Step 8: Enjoy!
This dish/dessert tastes great on almost anything. Get creative and try adding other ingredients. You can top this with fresh fruit, (more) whipped cream, or anything you'd like! Post in the comments what you used your Protein Powder Mousse for!