Introduction: Puli Saadham (Tamarind Rice)
In this instructable I'm gong to show you how to make Puli Saddam, which is a tangy Tamarind rice, commonly eaten in south India. This dish is easy to prepare and if you like tangy dishes I'm sure you will like this dish.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
For this instrucbtable you will need
- Boiled Rice
- Tamarind water
- 1 chopped Onion
- Curry Leaves
- Cooking Oil
- Channa Dal
Step 2: Cooing Time
- First, take a cooking pan and add some oil and heat it.
- Add Peanuts and some channa dal and peanuts and fry them while stirring constantly.
- After frying them stain out the excess oil and keep the mixture aside for later.
Step 3: Frying Pan
- In a frying pan heat up some oil.
- Then add mustard seeds to the oil and stir.
- Later add some chili and curry leaves and continue stirring.
Step 4: Adding Rice
- Next add the sorted peanuts and channa dal mix to the pan and stir.
- Later add the boiled rice, coriander powder,and Tamarind water continue stirring until the Marsala reaches evenly on the rice.
Step 5: Serving
This dish tastes best when eaten hot, you could serve it with the potato fry I showed you in the previous instructable.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017