Introduction: Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
Hello again! Today I made pumpkin snickerdoodles that have a cream cheese filling.
I made a video that you can check out above showing you how I made this recipe step-by-step! :)
The original recipe came from bakeaholic mama, you should check out her stuff!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather the Ingredients for the Dough
We will start by constructing the dough. You will need:
- 3 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 cup of room temperature unsalted butter
Step 2: Assemble the Dough
Assembling the dough will seem very familiar if you have made cookies before!
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree.
- Mix in the egg
- And the vanilla extract
- Stir in the flour in small installments.
- Put the dough in the fridge for at least one hour. This will give the flour a chance to absorb moisture and hydrate, leading to a better texture in the final cookie.
Step 3: Assemble the Filling
A few minutes before you pull the dough out from the fridge, you can assemble the filling.
You will need:
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- (Optional) You could also add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract if you want, however this can make the filling a bit runny, however it'll still taste really good :)
Place in a small-ish mixing bowl and stir together until combined.
Step 4: Make the Cinnamon Sugar
To give the cookies their snickerdoodle-esque coating, you will need to assemble a simple cinnamon sugar mixture:
- Place 1/2 cup of white sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a bowl
- Stir to combine.
Step 5: Assemble the Cookies!
To form a cookie, you will need to perform the following steps:
- With a 1 tablespoon disher, scoop 1 tbs of dough and flatten it into a pancake (careful, it's sticky!)
- Using a teaspoon, spoon a little of the filling onto the dough pancake.
- Scoop another tablespoon of dough and form into another little pancake
- Place the second pancake on top of the first and seal the edges.
- Pick up the two pancakes with the filling and roll gently into a ball with your hands
- Roll in the cinnamon sugar
It sounds complicated but trust me, it's worth the extra steps.
Important! Compress the top of the dough balls after they have been rolled in the sugar to flatten them out a bit. This will make them spread more evenly.
Step 6: Bake, Cool, and Serve
Bake in your 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
Cool on the pans for a few minutes then transfer to cooling racks so the bottoms don't get soggy :)
Thanks for reading my tutorial, I would love if you checked out my youtube channel too!