Ridiculously creamy and super-yummy combo of two great desserts!
3 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup tapioca beads
1/2 cup sugar
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
Directions (Rice Cooker)
- Separate eggs, beat egg yolks and use egg whites for breakfast the next morning
- Add all ingredients (except vanilla) into rice cooker and stir
- Set to 'Porridge'
- After 20 minutes, open rice cooker and stir for 2 - 3 minutes, breaking up any tapioca beads that are stuck together
- The mixture will thicken noticeably in this time
- Close cover and let cycle continue for another 5 -8 minutes
- Stir in vanilla
- Open rice cooker and ensure that beads are translucent (if not, let cook a little longer)
- Serve warm or cold (although warm is better in my opinion)
- Top with whipped cream and cinnamon
Directions (Old School)
- Pour milk into saucepan, add tapioca and soak for about an hour
- Whisk in pumpkin, cream, egg yolks, salt, sugar and pie spice
- Bring to a low boil and immediately reduce heat to a simmer
- Continue to simmer and stir for 20 - 30 minutes (until mixture has thickened and tapioca beads are translucent )
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla
Looking for more pumpkin recipes...?
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the
Halloween Food Challenge