Enjoy these easy Halloween twist to traditional India desert, the pumpkin Halwa. These petite deserts look so decadent and appetizing.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1. Sugar Pumpkin - 1.5 pound cut into small pieces
2. Sugar - 1 cup
3. Ghee 3 table spoon or less . If u don't have Ghee use Butter - 1 stick. Ghee can be brought from store like Whole food or Traders Joes.
4. Rose water- 1 tea spoon(optional)
5. Pistachio- 2 tablespoon
6. Almond - 2 to 3 tablespoon.
7. Poppy Seed - 2 tablespoon
8. Whole Milk - 1 cup.
9. Cardamom - 5 pods crushed and powdered.
10. Safron- 5 to 8 strand (optioinal)
11. Mini Baking cup-24
12. Cupcake picks -24
1. In a pan heat the Ghee or butter and then fry the pumpkin pieces for 3/ 4 min.
2. Then add milk to the pan and milk well. Put the lid on the pan and let the pumpkin simmer on Low Heat for 10 15 min. In between remove the lid and stir the pumpkin and check if they are squishy.
3. After they are cooked remove them from heat and smash the pumpkin in the pan.
4. Put it back in high heat, constantly stirring the halwa. Once the water/milk is evaporated, add sugar and keep stirring over medium heat. Now u will see that that halwa's color has changed to a dark color.
5. At this point all the rest of the ingredient- pistachios, almond, poppy seed, powdered cardamon saffron and rose water. After this stir it for 4 min and turn off the heat.
1. Once cold make small ball with the halwa and put them in the halloween teamed mini baking cups.
2. Add halloween cupcake decoration pick..like the one above.
3. Decorate it in a nice platter.